The District Twenty Medical Examiner has an available position for Autopsy Technician level 1 or 2.
This is a full-time position with benefits, which include health insurance, retirement, accrued paid time off, and paid holidays, in a pleasant and professional office for individuals looking for interesting and essential employment.
Applicant must reside in Collier County, or between Collier and South Fort Myers.
The District Twenty Medical Examiner is contracted, and employees are not eligible for county or state employee benefits.
- Salary range is $31,200-45,700 annually. Starting salary will depend on the level of experience.
- Overtime pay provided for time worked over 40 hours within the same workweek, in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Must be able to work on-call rotating weekends.
Education and Experience
- Preferred experience: assisting with autopsies at a medical examiner's office or hospital pathology lab, forensic photography, forensic investigations, or forensic anthropology.
- Employer will provide training for employees with no prior experience.
- Job Description
Assist medical examiner with autopsies on weekdays, rotating on-call weekends, and rotating holidays.
- Must be able to work overtime, when necessary.
- Must be available to work during county, state or national crises.
- Prepare autopsy suite and body for autopsy, take forensic photographs, take x-rays, clean after autopsy.
- Responsible for record keeping, labeling, storing and maintaining chain of evidence for all specimens.
- Carry out other morgue duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to move a 200 pound deceased person unassisted.
- Must properly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain composure and good attitude.
- Must be intelligent, hard-working, polite, honest, trustworthy, reliable and punctual.
- Must show respect for the deceased, their families, co-workers, supervisors and other agency personnel.
- Must be flexible, willing to assist co-workers and able to work agreeably in a team environment.
- Must be able to read and write English proficiently and must be computer literate.
Resume must include your current and your last 3 employers’ information. There is no application form.