Associate Medical Examiner - Jacksonville, FL
CITY OF JACKSONVILLE invites applications for the position of: Associate Medical Examiner
SALARY: $150,000.00 - $190,000.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/29/18 – Start date TBD in July, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
This position reports to the District Chief Medical Examiner and provides medico legal interpretations, performs autopsies, testifies in court and generates death certificates.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: * Performs autopsies and physical examinations to determine the cause and manner of death.
* Interprets histological, toxicological, chemical, hematological and microbiological laboratory results.
* Maintains Medical Examiner records and follows policies/procedures for the documentation of the chain of custody of decedent personal effects, evidence and human remains.
* Performs and formulates on-call and death scene investigation/triage decisions.
* Testifies in deposition and in court as an expert witness, effectively presenting and communicating findings in a logical manner.
* Appropriately responds to and addresses questions posed by judges, attorneys, family members, and members of the media or public.
* Generates death certificates.
* Reviews, approves, and records cremation requests.
* Performs other duties as required.
OPEN REQUIREMENTS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: * Graduation from an approved school of medicine and completion of an accredited anatomic or anatomic/clinical pathology residency is required.
* Completion of an accredited forensic fellowship program is required.
* Board certification in anatomic or anatomic/clinical pathology and board eligibility in forensic pathology is required.
* Forensic board certification must be completed within two years of appointment.
* Possession of a current license to practice in the State of Florida is required.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED.
Apply at http://www.coj.net/jobs.
NEOGOV works best with Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer version 11 or higher browsers.
Please try to apply using one of these browsers. You may have to cut and paste the link into the browser's search area.