Associate Medical Examiner, District 1, Pensacola FL
Base Salary: $240,000 to $250,000 annually
Job Type: Full time / Exempt / Appointed Official
Role and Responsibilities
- Performs primary functions of a forensic pathologist in accordance with industry standards for autopsies, external examinations, and records reviews to determine the cause and manner of death, pursuant to Florida State Statute, Chapter 406.
- Prepares autopsy reports.
- Rotates on-service duties with other physicians on staff.
- Serves as an expert witness, providing testimony in trials, grand jury, depositions, and conferences with attorneys.
- Participates in conferences with family members, law enforcement, attorneys, and other individuals to provide information on investigations and autopsies.
- Trains personnel as needed or requested.
- Attends scene death investigations as requested.
- Provides educational lectures for students, law enforcement, and the general community.
- Reviews cases that are reported in which jurisdiction is declined.
- Reviews and authorizes cremation requests.
- Maintains all required licenses and accreditations consistent with industry standards.
- Maintains individual continuing medical education requirements and assures compliance with licensing and certification requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.