Associate Medical Examiner, District 4
Salary: $207,856.28 - $217,856.28 Annually
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Appointed Official
Department: Medical Examiner
Job Number: 2021-04310
Job Description: This position reports to the District Chief Medical Examiner and provides medico-legal interpretations, performs autopsies, testifies in court, and generates death certificates.
Examples of Work:
- Performs autopsies and physical examinations to determine the cause and manner of death. Interprets histological, toxicological, chemical, hematological and microbiological laboratory results.
- Maintains Medical Examiner records and follows policies/procedures for the documentation of the chain of custody of decedent personal effects, evidence and human remains.
- Performs and formulates on-call and death scene investigation/triage decisions.
- Testifies in deposition and in court as an expert witness, effectively presenting and communicating findings in a logical manner.
- Appropriately responds to and addresses questions posed by judges, attorneys, family members, and members of the media or public.
- Generates death certificates.
- Reviews, approves, and records cremation requests.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Open Requirements/Supplemental Information