Part-time Autopsy technician/investigator
- Published: Monday, 20 October 2014 09:32
The District Twenty Medical Examiner is accepting applications for a part-time autopsy technician/investigator.
Please note that employees of the District Twenty Medical Examiner are not county or state employees and do not qualify to receive state retirement benefits.
Applicant must reside in Collier County or Estero.
- Part-time employees starting pay is $14.50 an hour.
- Part-time employees receive overtime pay for any hours over forty hours worked per work week, in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Work hours may be flexible, but must be available a minimum of 20 hours and up to 39 hours per week.
- Must be available to work weekends on a rotating basis.
Education and Experience
- Preferred one year experience assisting with autopsies at a medical examiner's office or pathology laboratory, or performing animal necropsies.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate required at a minimum.
- Assist with autopsies from Monday through Friday and on a minimum of one weekend per month and rotating holidays.
- Carry out all investigation functions and clerical duties.
- Must be able to take evening calls from home.
- Prepare the autopsy suite and the body for autopsy, take x-rays, as needed, and clean the autopsy area.
- Is responsible for record keeping, labeling, storing and maintaining chain of evidence of all specimens and perform other morgue duties, as needed.
- MUST be able to move a deceased person unassisted that weighs up to 240 pounds.
- Must be intelligent, able to properly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest and trustworthy.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must have compassion for the family of the deceased, even under difficult circumstances.
- Must be hard-working and polite.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist co-workers, whenever needed.
- Must be highly organized.
- Able to work under pressure without losing composure.
- Read and write English proficiently.
- Must be computer literate.
Resume must include your present and last 3 employers. There is no application form.